What Is A Hydraulic Press? The basic concept of a hydraulic press is a machine that is based on fluid-filled cylinders. We uniquely call these hydraulic cylinders. The cylinder connects to a hydraulic pump system. Together, they generate and exert a compressive force. This then enables mechanical pressing and lifting of heavy loads.
Hydraulic press machines are in use in most industries. Accordingly, the design of the press is dependant on what it is being used for. How the press is configured also depends on the task at hand. You can easily customise a hydraulic press to suit the application. Bespoke custom presses are very common and the bespoke features ideally fit the needs and application of the customer. You can use a hydraulic press machine for a wide range of applications. For instance, some typical applications include pressing steel plates, punching holes in metal, shearing, forming, drawing, compaction of materials, bending, shaping and forming. This is not an all-inclusive list as the applications that require pressing are endless. Therefore, a hydraulic press is often used to accomplish the process.
How Does A Hydraulic System Work?
A hydraulic system is made up of several main components. A motor driving a hydraulic pump, hydraulic cylinders, hydraulic hoses, and flow control valve. The motor drives the pump pushing hydraulic fluid to the hydraulic cylinder through the hoses delivering fluid power to the cylinder. After that, in order to deliver the fluid to the cylinder, the fluid has to pass through the valves and hoses. This is where the hydraulic energy converts back into mechanical energy. Furthermore, the valves direct the flow of the liquid and relieve pressure when needed.
Why Use A Hydraulic Press?
Our hydraulic presses are very flexible. You will find they come in a wide variety of configurations, shapes, and forms. Hydraulic presses are simple, easy, and inexpensive to maintain. When you purchase the correct press that has been built out of top quality materials and components, a hydraulic press will last a lifetime.
Types Of Hydraulic Press Machines
There is a wide of hydraulic press machines, such as:
- Four column hydraulic press
- Production Presses
- C-Frame Single column hydraulic also known as Gap Frame Presses
- Horizontal hydraulic press
- Cambering Presses
- Vertical frame hydraulic press
- Universal hydraulic press also known as a Workshop Press
Four Column Hydraulic Press
A four column hydraulic press has a hydraulic cylinder that attaches to the top plate or slide. The four columns are positioned at the corners of the slide plate and they run through heavy duty collars. Moreover, the four columns ensure a constant parallel position of the slide plate in respect to the bolster plate. This is the case even when working pressure is exerted onto the slide plate.
Why Use A Four Column Hydraulic Press?
We supply standard and bespoke four column presses for a variety of applications in metalworking and other fields. Four Column Presses can used for forming plastics and carbon fibre, materials deep-drawing, die-cutting, metal forming, stamping and pressing processes. They perform to extremely high degree of accuracy but ther are a variety of other reasons why to use a Four Column Hydraulic Press such as:
- Precision and accuracy: Four column presses are known for their precision and accuracy. This is due to the four columns that are perfectly aligned ensuring that the top slide plate always remains parallel to the bottom bolster plate ensuring a high degree of accuracy.
- Durability and longevity: Four column presses from The Workshop Press Company are built to last because they are manufactured with high-quality materials and components, and withstand industrial use. This makes them a good investment for businesses that need a press that can handle a lot of work.
- Versatility: Four column presses are versatile machines and perform a wide variety of tasks, including die stamping, metal forming, deep drwaing, blanking, metal forming, and metal fabrication. This makes them a good choice for businesses that need a press that can handle a variety of jobs.
- Safety: Four column presses are designed with safety in mind. They have incorporated safety features such as light curtains, strategically placed E-Stops, automatic high-speed disconnection and low-voltage foot pedals making them a safe choice for businesses that need a press that can be operated by employees of all skill levels.
Hydraulic Press Safety
Hydraulic presses are powerful machines and can be dangerous if not used properly. It is important to follow all safety precautions when operating a hydraulic press. Some of the most important safety precautions include:
- Always wear safety glasses when operating a hydraulic press.
- Set an active Preventitive Maintainance Schedule according to your requiremenst and incorporate manufacturers suggestions.
- Never operate a hydraulic press if you are tired or under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Never operate a hydraulic press if the safety guards are not in place.
- Never overload a hydraulic press.
- Always be aware of your surroundings when operating a hydraulic press and keep the press and surrounding area clean and free of clutter.
By following these safety precautions, you can help to prevent accidents and injuries when operating a hydraulic press.
Hydraulic Presses At The Workshop Press Company UK
We equip our Four Columns Hydraulic Press solutions with the most important features and controls. This means we can guarantee reliable and productive operations.
At Workshop Press all RHTC presses are manufactured in Europe. They meet the most recent CE Directives and we deliver them with a 2-Year warranty and a CE Certificate. Additionally, we can customise all of our machines to meet your exact requirements.
Four Column Hydraulic Press Distributor | Contact Us
If you’re looking for a hydraulic press for sale then look no further. Our four column presses are available in a variety of tonnages, table sizes, and distances between columns. They are versatile to suit any industry. Here at The Workshop Press Company UK, we will go the extra mile to ensure that you invest in a product that is perfect for your requirements.
As experts in the industry, we will answer any questions you may have and ensure you have all the knowledge you need to make the right choice. We have a vast range of hydraulic press machines to choose from. As a result, we can meet a wide range of applications with our solutions. Just ask us anything you need to know, and you can be sure our team of experts will help. We have high quality solutions at competitive prices, so you can trust Workshop Press when it comes to your metalworking machinery.
Contact us today with any questions via our LiveChat. Alternatively, you can reach us by telephone at +44 (0) 800 999 1090 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have found this blog helpful, you may wish to read our previous blog on Workshop Hydraulic Press Machines.